Parsons Corporation Project Control Engineer/Specialist, Principal in New Jersey, United States
Project Control Engineer/Specialist, Principal
New Jersey, United States
POSITION OVERVIEW :
Develops, establishes, and maintains all aspects of the cost control effort and/or the planning/scheduling effort on one or more of the larger, more complex and demanding projects. Incumbent utilizes his/her broad experience, expertise, and exposure to various types of company projects and clients.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
· Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports.
· Provides project and company management with the necessary tools for project cost control.
· May lead in the:
· Development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with all affected departments.
· Analysis, evaluation, forecast, and reporting of schedule status against an established baseline
· Analysis, evaluation, and forecast project costs and performance.
· Coordinates staffing requirements, assigns and supervises project work activities, and trains personnel.
· Completes performance reviews and provides personnel development for the assigned employees.
· Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
· May lead a staff qualified to assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
· Develops or maintains an established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules; keeps project and company management fully informed.
· Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience) and 10-12 years of related work experience.
Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite. Must have potential to perform in a lead capacity, as well as familiarity with industry practices.
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Yanbu, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Parsons Careers. All rights reserved.
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities.
Get Social with Us!