Parsons Corporation Embedded Engineer/Software Engineer in Centreville, Virginia
Embedded Engineer/Software Engineer
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Parsons Cyber Operations is seeking Embedded Engineers with experience in C/C++ and Linux systems to join our team of exceptional individuals. Qualified engineers will be required to participate in an Agile Scrum development life cycle including design, peer review, test support, and documentation of software. Successful candidates must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking, and capable of operating in a quick-reaction development environment to solve complex problems.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
• Must have 2+ years experience with at least one of the following languages/software areas: C/C++, Python, or Assembly
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Experience working in a Linux command line environment
• Linux inter-process communication and kernel module software development
• Multithreaded and real-time programming techniques
• Knowledge of Linux, VxWorks, or other embedded systems
• Experience analyzing performance issues and implementing efficiency improvements
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and 802.11 technologies
• Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Xen, OpenStack, VirtualBox)
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical team members, managers, and customers
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled