Parsons Corporation Jr. Network/IT Engineer (Linux, Networking, Virtualization, OpenStack) in Centreville, Virginia
Jr. Network/IT Engineer (Linux, Networking, Virtualization, OpenStack)
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Jr. Network/IT Engineer
Are you a Network and Information TechnologyEngineer familiar with designing and managing a variety of data networks and computer systems ?
If so, we are seeking a Network and Information Technology Administrator Level 1 to support technically diverse and challenging systems that are constantly evolving as the technology landscape changes.
Your role will be essential to the design, implementation, validation, management, and delivery of these networks and computing systems.
This is your chance to help us with this vital mission .
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Computer Security, Information Technology or related discipline and0-2 years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with network engineering, Computer Security, Information Technology curriculums
Network Device Administration
· Switch with VLAN Configuration
· Router with Routing Protocols (RIP, BGP, OSPF)
· VPN (IPSEC) Configuration
· L3 Switch (VLAN and Routing Protocols)
· SOHO device configuration
· Cisco IOS Experience with CCNA Preferred
· Windows OS Loading and Updates on a closed network
· Linux OS Loading and Repository on a closed network
· Backup and Restore implementation
· Windows and Linux Software Repository and Build Machine Maintenance
· Penetration Testing
· Intrusion Detection System
· Computer Security Certification Scans
· Firewall Configuration
· Access Control Lists
· IP Tables
Network Tool Experience
Network Services Administration
· Apache Web Server
· Chat Server
· Unix shell
· Windows PowerShell
VM and Cloud Computing Administration
· Virtual Machine Administration (VMWare, Virtual Box, VSphere)
· Cloud Computing (Openstack, Mirantis, Salt)
· Compute and Disk Server Administration
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. TS/SCI required.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled