Parsons Corporation Sr. Software Engineer in Centreville, Virginia
Sr. Software Engineer
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Sr. Software Engineer
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance
•Experience working in a Linux command line environment
• Knowledge of Django or other web-based application frameworks
• Knowledge of multithreaded and real-time programming techniques
• Experience with database design practices
• Experience with requirement and test driven development
• Experience analyzing performance issues and implementing efficiency improvements
• Knowledge of TCP/IP
• Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Xen, OpenStack, VirtualBox)
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical team members, managers, and customers
All candidates must be US Citizens.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.