Parsons Corporation Construction Superintendent in Eden, North Carolina
Eden, North Carolina, United States
Make a Difference
Construction Superintendent- Eden, NC
The Construction Superintendent will provide field support for a variety of environmental/heavy civil construction applications related to environmental remediation in support of Dan River project, including.
Excavation and heavy civil work
Water management both in the ash ponds and on the landfill
Conditioning to meet moisture requirements
Onsite transportation of the ash
Placement of coal ash in the landfill.
The successful candidate will:
(1) Organize and allocate workforces in various areas to maintain adequate manpower balance for the scheduled construction activities
(2) Monitor manpower requirements, efficiency, and productivity of construction crews
(3) Coordinate the material and equipment requirements with planned engineering and construction schedules
(4) Provide technical direction in construction methods to craft supervisors and foremen to attain required quality control
(5) Assist in the selection and designation of craft foremen
(6) Verify layouts with field engineers and ensures craftsmen maintain the established horizontal and vertical controls
(7) Coordinate work efforts between various subcontractors and company workforce
(8) Maintain production controls and verify the construction progress at prescribed intervals
(9) Understand and apply the company labor relations policies
(10) Work with Parsons Project Managers and Construction Managers, client representatives, regulatory officials, suppliers and subcontractors.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience), as well as 8 to 10 years of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, as well as a familiarity with industry practices. Proven leadership capability is required.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled