Parsons Corporation Advanced Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Advanced Software Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
ADVANCED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Coordinate the development, sustainment, and integration of software for the THAAD weapon system.
• Perform technical oversight of Fire Control, Missile, Launcher, Radar, Trainer, and support software efforts for US and foreign military sales efforts.
• Prepare software specifications, estimates, and statements of work to implement THAAD weapon system software.
• Identify, address, and status software risks.
• Establish test requirements and validation procedures to measure software performance, security, safety, quality, and reliability.
• Plan, define, evaluate, and monitor software contract execution.
• Perform analysis of system requirements to establish computer/software requirements and identify and perform hardware/software trade-offs.
• Prepare conceptual design of computer systems through analysis of computer hardware, interface hardware, software requirements, and network architectures as elements of total system design.
• Apply state-of-the-art software engineering methodologies to the implementation of THAAD weapon system designs.
• Provide software expertise to THAAD Materiel Release, training, and sustaining activities.
• Prepare and present status briefings to MDA and program leadership.
• Lead and support systems and software technical reviews.
• Must be available to travel up to 20% of the time.
Engineer must possess strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with the THAAD Project Office and the prime contractor. Individual also serves as liaison between MDA/TH and MDA/SN for the integration and coordination of all software related actions between the weapon system and the AN/TPY-2 Radar Component.
15+ years of related experience, Bachelors degree required.
Strong interpersonal skills. Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project. Ability to work independently. Familiarity with MDA Software processes and Acquisition Management procedures. Requires past experience with data entry, data manipulation, and reports development with Databases. Willingness to learn new processes and procedures and discipline to follow established procedures.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.