Parsons Corporation Engineer / Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
Engineer / Analyst
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Engineer / Analyst
The Engineer / Analyst will provide technical support developing, integrating and operating software tools using high-performance computer assets. The tools will then be used to support studies involving a broad range of topics that include atmospheric and geophysical phenomena, missile mechanics, and signal processing. Candidates should possess strong computer skills, confidence with multi-faceted engineering projects, and an ability to formulate detailed implementations from broad concepts of operation.
This position requires an active TS/SCI Security Clearance pre-start.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a BS in Physics, Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering and 5-15 years of experience.
The candidate must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
• Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments highly desired
• Development skills with Python, Matlab, C/C++, Fortran languages highly desired
• Knowledge of atmospheric and geophysical phenomena desired
• Knowledge of event based and real-time simulation architectures desired
• Ability to provide technical leadership a plus
Other Strongly Preferred Experience:
• Linux/Unix/Win GUI and application development experience
• Distributed processing / computing environments and parallel optimization techniques
• Missile 6-DoF simulations
• Database programming (e.g. MySQL)
• Signal Processing
• Optimization Techniques
• Numerical Techniques
• Stochastic Systems
• Field experience with remote sensing hardware and instrumentation
• Ability to prepare technical reports and briefings
• Ability to effectively deliver technical briefings
• Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction with both Government and contractor personnel
*Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information and/or materials.**
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.