Parsons Corporation Security Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Security Systems Engineer
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
SECURITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Parsons is seeking a technical Security Systems Engineer. The position will report to our ESS Engineering Manager in the Huntsville office. The candidate will support federal government programs (such as the ESS V and VI) efforts and will include potential support of other federal elements throughout the organization.
The candidate will perform design and cost estimating duties in support of Federal Programs; to include: requirements analysis, system design, product selection, and integration related to electronic physical security and surveillance. Attend mandatory site visits, prepare RFP responses, and create detailed bills of material (BOM) for customer projects.
• Technical proposal development – Assist with responding to RFPs, provide oversight to the technical approach, design direction and pricing
• Proposal development - Produce technical response in proposal
• Assist in the preparation of design drawings
• Bill of material/Pricing Estimates
• Product research
• System design
Knowledge of security technologies including but not limited to:
Video Surveillance and related technologies
Access Control and related technologies
Physical intrusion detection
Physical security information management
IP based video, access control, and intercom systems
TCP/IP networking design knowledge
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing fluently in the English language
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints
• Ability to create and/or modify technical drawings in various formats
• Self-motivated and focused and able to work as part of a team
• Excellent customer relationship skills
• Ability to convey technical issues simply and accurately.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to use search engines effectivelyCertifications:Desired manufacturer certificates such as Lenel, Software House, Identiv, Vindicator, Open Options, GALAXY™, AMAG, DAQ, etc. are a plus.Clearance: No Clearance Required - Current or the ability to obtain DoD Secret or above is a plusEducation: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology or similar is required.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.