Parsons Corporation Safety & Security Lead - Automated People Mover, Los Angeles, CA in Los Angeles, California
Safety & Security Lead - Automated People Mover, Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California, United States
Are you ready to deliver one of the largest, civil P3 infrastructure programs in the U.S.? an Parsons is serving as the Los Angeles World Airport’s owners representative the design-build for the multi-billion dollar Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP) which will transform the passenger and guest experience going to and from Los Angeles International Airport. If you are a recognized leader in the construction industry with a track record of delivering complex P3 infrastructure this is a career milestone opportunity.
The APM Safety and Security Lead will be a rail transit system
safety professional who will develop and manage LAWA’s Passenger Transit Agency Safety Plan (i.e. system safety program plan) and the safety and security certification plan. This role will also manage the Safety and Security Review Committee for all LAMP elements coordinating subcommittee meetings as necessary with the various stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Will oversee the APM Developer’s system safety and security related submittals including the following:
• System Safety Program Plan.
• Safety Certification Program Plan.
• Preliminary Hazard Analysis.
• System / Subsystem Hazard Analysis.
• Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis.
• Fault Tree Analysis.
• Design conformance checklists and construction/specification conformance checklists.
• Verification of design and construction checklists and reviewing the adequacy of the verification evidence.
• Participate in fire / life safety and safety certification meetings.
• Final security and safety certification verification reports in preparation for submittal to California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and readiness for passenger service availability.
• B.S./B.A. in safety, environmental sciences, engineering or related field.
• 8 + years of management experience in system safety with a strong background in the transit industry.
• Automated people mover and CPUC safety and security certification experience is highly desirable.
4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 20+ years of related work experience, including significant managerial experience of a large group of Engineers, Designers, and technical support personnel. Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional engineering society may be required.
Proven ability to manage a large group of engineering/technical personnel, the ability to drive excellence in field of expertise, focusing on safety, quality and improvement of processes, mentoring, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also demonstrate the ability to effectively execute and manage complex tasks. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software. Must be capable of conducting focused briefings to all levels of management. This includes effective problem solving and exercising excellent judgment regarding timing and senior management involvement in significant issues. Ability to network across departments and GBUs.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled