Parsons Corporation Utilities Engineer (Electrical, Telecommunications, Gas) Los Angeles, CA in Los Angeles, California
Utilities Engineer (Electrical, Telecommunications, Gas) Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ready to join a team that is tackling one of the most exciting infrastructure programs in Los Angeles? Parsons is hiring an experienced utility engineer with a background in electrical, telecommunication and gas utilities on road, highway, and rail projects to support the Landside Access Modernization program at the Los Angeles International Airport. You'll be:
• Supporting the coordination, relocation and design of power and fiber optic communication for underground and overhead infrastructure.
• Verifying utility plan as-builts with existing field conditions and report and record necessary information
• Contributing updates to the Master Utility Plan
• Reviewing plans issued by Automated People Mover, its developer and associated utility companies
• Reporting field issues affecting property owners, contractors and maintenance operations due to utility relocation.
• Assisting with creating and updating dry utility relocation packages and deliverables
• Attending utility construction and coordination meetings, as needed.
• Assisting in the coordination between program staff, contractors, municipalities, utility agencies, and other parties to ensure accurate completion of horizontal construction.
• Working with road and utilities team to regularly update the program's utilities matrix.
• B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of related field/office engineering experience, with a focus on underground and overhead utility design, relocation, and coordination.
• E.I.T. or P.E. a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, or related software.
• Ability to read and interpret utility design plans.
4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 8-10 years of related work experience.
Professional Engineer registration may be required.
Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.