Parsons Corporation Resident Engineer (ETIV) in Renton, Washington
Resident Engineer (ETIV)
Renton, Washington, United States
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration(FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons inAugust 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes avariety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP)modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction,environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD,and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nationin each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center inOklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jerseyand in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staffover 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors whoperform construction work.
Serves as a SCA Engineering Technician IV on a Casual basis, work as needed under the Northwest Mountain Regional office located in Renton, WA.
100% Travel will be required.
• Performs site surveys and inspections as frequently as necessary to ensure the required work is accomplished
satisfactorily and conforms to the contract requirements.
• Monitors site safety requirements.
• Review, File, Log, and process, as required, Construction Documents, Pay Requests, Submittals, Transmittals, Request
for Information (RFIs), Change Orders and comments. Processing may include (read, convert to PDF file, save on the FAA
system, and distribute to others).
• Conducts constructability reviews.
• Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI), as required.
• Keeps a detailed daily log on the status of assigned projects.
• Documents construction progress through reports and pictures.
• Submits weekly progress reports and participates in weekly construction meetings.
• Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
• Issues Advisory Notices and Near Miss reports, when necessary.
• Reviews project schedules and As Built Drawings.
• Escort contractors.
• Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions
High school diploma is required.
Some form of advanced electronics training from institutions such as junior college, military service, or trade school training is a plus.
10years’ specialized skill required for the testing, repairing, trouble-shooting, and installation of RMCF and RMVC equipment.
Work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, etc.) is a must.
May be asked to lift at least 50 pounds.
Experience working inside an Air Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) is a must..
Basic Microsoft suite, Internet, and E-mail skills required.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by federal authorities will be performed.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled