Parsons Corporation Control Room Operator in Richmond, Kentucky
Control Room Operator
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
Want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000 acre depot stores mustard and nerve agent in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities and well as First of a Kind (FOAK) technology. Parsons is currently seeking a Control Room Operator - SCWO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
• Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
• May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
• Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
• Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
• Responsible for monitoring computer controlled process equipment associated with demilitarization of chemical weapons, including: projectile/mortar disassembly machine, munitions washout station, metal treatment unit, and off-gas treatment system or agent neutralization batch process equipment and process support equipment (i.e., air compressors, chillers, HVAC systems) in support of main plant control room operations.
• Initiate and control process functions to operate the SCWO process systems according to all standard operating procedures and environmental regulations, and will monitor SCWO maintenance operations.
• Must comply with conduct of operations.
• Ability to correctly follow assigned procedures and processes.
• Monitor SCWO computer controlled process equipment associated with the SCWO waste disposal process.
• Respond to system operating parameter deviations from the desired band and alarms, and assume semi-automatic or manual control, as situation requires.
• Responsible for directing operators as required to maintain control of all systems under their control.
• Operate and control closed-circuit television (CCTV) system throughout the SCWO.
• Control and mitigate events under the direction of Plant Shift Manager during plant contingencies, which involves public address announcements, personnel notifications, CCTV monitoring, radio communications and plant systems monitoring.
• Monitor systems under control for desirable trends and report same to Plant Control Room Supervisor.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate log books, data sheets and other historical systems under control.
• Assist in analysis and development of solutions to operating system problems, alarms, and unusual occurrences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years’ experience as an industrial plant operator in power or chemical plant, hazardous waste incinerator, waste treatment facility, petrochemical plant, boiler, or utility system, , or related industry or plant operator certification within a chemical demil facility.
• Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
• Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
• Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and ability to read and comprehend explicit operating procedures and plant processes
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to review and maintain accurate records necessary to ensure conformity to established requirements in a highly-regulated environment
• Industrial equipment troubleshooting skills (i.e., pumps, compressors, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), conveyors)
• Ability to speak publicly and communicate clearly during normal and crisis situations
• Demonstrated experience working in a procedurally compliant environment
• Demonstrated experience working in an environmental and safety compliant environment
• Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, diagrams, and operating instrumentation manuals
• Experience in the petrochemical industry control room operations
• Experience in computerized control room operations
• Experience working in toxic/hazardous materials environment
Special Job Requirements:
BGCAPP is subject to the Army Regulations (AR 50-6 Chemical Surety and AR 190-59 Chemical Agent Security Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship and the ability to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Local Credit Check. (NACLC).
BGCAPP is a Drug Free Workplace. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment.
This position may also require use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and personnel must pass a respirator fit test and pulmonary function test.
Lifting/Carrying: Occasionally, up to 50 lbs. Climbing: Occasionally. Bending/Kneeling: Occasionally. Sitting: Infrequent. Walking/Standing: Frequently. Hearing: Able to hear audible alarms. Vision: Able to see/read/understand warning lights/signs.
Ability to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) site access is required. Access requirements include completion of a local records check and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) check.
BGCAPP operates on a 24/7 schedule including weekends and holidays. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled